Parks and Reserves

The South Wairarapa District Council manages urban parks and rural reserves. Council staff are responsible for the day to day management of the parks and reserves. Community Boards and community groups also help establish work priorities for those parks and reserves within approved budgets.

There are management plans in place that set out how the parks and reserves are administered. Some reserves also have development plans (sometimes known as landscape or concept plans) which set out the specific works and improvements that have been agreed for that park over the next two to five years as resources allow. 

If you want to know more about a particular park or reserve, have a look at the available Management and Development Plans below, email or ring 06 306 9611.

Sports clubs and other community groups wishing to use Council parks and reserves for recreational purposes, for a long term such as for a season must make an application to the Council each year, two calendar months before the official start of the season.

Application for use of Parks and Reserves

How do I request a ‘no herbicide spray’ area?

You can designate the road reserve area in front of your property as a ‘No spray” area.  This means that you have committed to maintain this area yourself.  Once we receive your request, we will remove the area from our weed spraying programme.  

Request for exemption from the vegetation control programme – No Spray form



Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support